Abusers use passwords to access all your online activity, either because they know your password or because they've guessed it. To protect your passwords use the following tips:
- Don't reveal your passwords to anyone.
- Usually, when using sites with passwords, the site will ask you if you want it to remember the password – always click no and start using Private Browsing.
- Sometimes a site may save a password automatically or you might accidentally save the password. You will be able to delete these as part of deleting your history through Private Browsing.
- Don’t use obvious security questions.
- Create different passwords for different accounts.
- Download free ‘password manager’ software that makes it easy to use multiple secure passwords.
- Avoid using Firefox, it can reveal passwords.